ISMAM represents excellence and integrity. The main focus of ISMAM is on the education, clinical improvement, scientific knowledge, and personal development of each member.
- General Principles
- The governing and competent bodies of ISMAM shall individually judge and scrutinize each event, educational lecture, program, activity.
- ISMAM reserves the right to inquire for any scientific, clinical, and/or organizational details on the contents of programs or events, as well as sponsors, conflict of interest, participants, and educators/speaker’s information.
- The usage of the ISMAM name, logo, or any form of image or branding is restricted to approval from the ISMAM Executive Council and the ISMAM President must follow the pre-approved internal regulations and the procedures as stated in this document.
- Activities subject to accreditation
- Any physical or online, theoretical, clinical, hands-on or alike activity or event, as well as related initiatives, that aim at the dissemination of knowledge and skills in Aesthetic Medicine or Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Accreditation shall generally be awarded to events as a whole, but a partial accreditation may exceptionally be given to specific parts as decided by the competent ISMAM entities.
- ISMAM given accreditation is limited and only valid for one edition of the specific event without expectation of future accreditations, albeit of similar content, since the accreditation request shall always focus on a temporally and spatially delimited activity, without automatic renewal, unless so stated by the competent ISMAM entities for these matters.
- Activities subject to accreditation mentioned in point 1 of this article may be organized by Scientific Societies and/or Academies, Universities or equivalent institutions, private entities, or individuals.
- When so decided by the competent ISMAM entities, ISMAM Credits shall be appointed to each ISMAM accredited program/event through individual evaluation and deliberation.
- ISMAM requires, as a sine qua non condition, that all applications subject to accreditation according to point 1 of these articles, present at least two ISMAM Active Members participating either as a speaker, educator, scientific representative, scientific committee member or scientific overseer.
- The use of ISMAM name, logo or any form of image or branding in activities described in point 1 of this article, is restricted to certified and approved activities and must follow the pre-approved internal regulations.
- Application for Accreditation
- Accreditation shall be requested by the organizing entity, through a request form directed at ISMAM competent entities, at least 60 days before the start of the event/activity.
- Applications shall contain the following elements (in English language):
- Date, place, duration of the event/activity
- Organizing committee and/or responsible entity
- Scientific committee or Scientific responsible entity
- Thorough description of the event motivations and objectives
- Official language used in the event (whenever there are lectures or activities in a language other than English, it must be indicated whether there will be simultaneous translation)
- Scientific program with information on all the covered areas, all lecturers/speakers/presenters/trainers under the terms of the following number and partial and total workload
- Abstract or summary of all lectures/courses/education units/units/subjects/activities, according to the designation adopted for the event, along with the distribution of competences and functions among the various agents involved in the development of the activity
- Specific information on the field of expertise of each lecture/course/education unit/unit/subject/activity and the total amount of hours dedicated to each dentistry/dental technology field of expertise
- Professional and curricular identification of the lecturers/speakers/presenters/trainers under the terms of the following number
- Indication of the universe of the people for whom the activity is intended
- Information about the registration fee (with any subcategories) and maximum number of participants
- Location (physical or online) where the event shall take place (capacity and technological means available)
- List of all Sponsors; Particular mention to the ISMAM Active Members participating actively in the Event, as well as their specific role
- The following elements constitute the minimum information required on the lecturers/speakers/presenters/trainers (from this point on addressed as trainer) to be submitted together with the accreditation application:
- Identification of each trainer, who must possess the appropriate skills and competencies for each of the corresponding training areas
- Presentation of each trainer’s curriculum
- In case of doubt, ISMAM may request any additional information it deems necessary.
- At least two ISMAM Active Members must participate in the event either as a speaker, educator, trainer, scientific representative, scientific committee member or scientific overseer.
- When the accreditation is requested for a scientific event/activity/congress, there should preferably be at least one official ISMAM representative as part of the event’s Scientific Committee or as a scientific overseer.
- With the application, the applicant entity will proceed with the payment of the emoluments defined by ISMAM, referring to the costs of procedural analysis.
- The application is the exclusive initiative and authorship of the applicant entity, which will assume full responsibility for it.
- ISMAM has no obligation to correct the application or request missing elements.
- Failure to comply with the deadline, or the lack of required elements, is the sole responsibility of the applicant entity, being sufficient reason for the immediate refusal of accreditation.
- In case of refusal of the application under the terms of the previous number, the organizing entity may submit a new complete application for accreditation, if it does so within the period established in the first number of Article 3 of the present Regulation.
- ISMAM rights and duties
- ISMAM, through its competent entities, shall evaluate the application within a maximum period of 45 days.
- ISMAM competent entities are the ISMAM Executive Council and/or ISMAM Scientific Committee and/or an Evaluation Committee appointed by the ISMAM President and/or the ISMAM President.
- Failure to accredit any event does not confer on the applicant entity any right over the ISMAM, namely the right to demand any reimbursement or compensation.
- ISMAM has the right to disclose all accredited events/activities to its members, though there is no obligation in this regard, and the organizing entity cannot demand it.
- All accredited events/activities must be evaluated by ISMAM appointed observers (one or two) and/or by means of specific surveys to be completed by the participants, using models defined by the ISMAM for this purpose
- ISMAM has the right to reject an accreditation request whenever verified that one or more of the lecturers/trainers identified in the object of the request have obtained two or more negative evaluations in events previously accredited or evaluated by the ISMAM.
- After obtaining a negative evaluation, under the terms of this article, the organizing entities are prevented from participating as organizers in new events accredited by the ISMAM for at least 2 (two) years from the date of issuing the negative evaluation.
- Obligations of organizing entities
- Accept the technical/scientific evaluation of the event/activity by the ISMAM designated element(s).
- Accept the distribution and collection of any inquiries to participants in the event.
- The organizing entity must ensure free and full access of the ISMAM observer(s) to all parts, lectures, courses, activities or any other parts of the accredited event, under the terms of the fifth number of Article 4 of these Regulations.
- The organizing entity must provide ISMAM with registrations to distribute among its representative members according to the event dimension as follows:
- Events with between 1 and 50 maximum participants: 1 registration
- Events with between 51 and 300 maximum participants: 5 registrations
- Events with over 300 maximum participants: 10 registrations
- Online congresses with any expected number of participants: 10-20 registrations, depending on the event’s specific characteristics
- Online courses or similar events with any expected number of participants: 1-5 registrations, depending on the event’s specific characteristics
- The organizing entity must include, at least, two ISMAM Active Members in the event either as a speaker, educator, trainer, scientific representative, scientific committee member or scientific overseer.
- The organizing entity must include, at least, one official ISMAM representative as part of the event’s Scientific Committee or as a scientific overseer.
- Communicate to the ISMAM, no later than 30 days before the event, any changes to the submitted application, presenting the respective justification and provided that the conditions stated in article 6 of this regulation are met.
- Without prejudice to the provisions of the preceding number, the organizing entity may not alter the content that has been the object of accreditation.
- Organizing entities are obliged to disclose that it is an accredited event through the correct use of the respective logo and/or accreditation stamp.
- Modifications in the event
- Any modification to the event cannot constitute significant variation of the content that was the object of accreditation, being the responsibility of the organizing entity to ensure the development of activities in accordance with the plan and request originally presented.
- Any substantial changes to the initially submitted accreditation request shall result in a mandatory submission of a new request that prejudices the previous one and, consequently causing ISMAM to revoke the previous accreditation with retroactive effects to the date of the relevant elements change of the initial request.
- If informational or advertising material exists, as well as other forms of reference to the accreditation initially granted by the ISMAM, which has subsequently been revoked in the terms previously described, the referred contents or communication supports will be liable to create confusion, erroneous, untrue or outdated information, so the ISMAM will notify the responsible entity so that, within a maximum timeframe of 48 hours, all those materials may be eliminated.
- Quality control
- All activities accredited by the ISMAM will be evaluated after their completion. The result will be recorded in the ISMAM database.
- Event evaluation will be based on the report prepared by the observer(s) designated by the ISMAM and any questionnaires completed by the participants.
- Any doubts or omissions related to this regulation shall be resolved by the ISMAM.
- Understanding of Bylaws
- The accreditation application submission assumes knowledge and understanding of all the rules defined in this regulation and must be accompanied by a declaration issued by the applicant entity that it fully accepts them, in all their consequences. The applicant also accepts the annual payment of the membership fees, and if not met, the exclusion of ISMAM.
- Payment of annual dues shall be done by all ISMAM Members until the 15th of February of each year.
- The amount for the membership will be voted on by the Assembly biannually and will be displayed separately.
- Members who fail to have their status regularized in respect of compliance with the annual dues, will be automatically suspended on February 15th of each year, and will no longer be able to exercise their rights to ISMAM, being excluded from the Academy due to lack of fulfilment of financial obligations.
- In the case of Founding Members, failure to fulfil the first annual due shall result in definitive cancelation of the Founder status.
- How to become a member of ISMAM
- Attend a minimum of one meeting (online, in person) as a guest within a three-year period and let yourself be known both professionally and socially.
- Your application must be sponsored by either one founding member; two founders or co-founders; or three active, life or career members.
- The sponsoring members must know you well, with at least one of the sponsors from a country other than your own – except if the sponsor is a founder. These sponsors will assume responsibility of accompanying you during the entire process.
- Have paid dues regularly.
- The General Assembly shall decide by simple majority on whether to accept or decline the nomination/application. In case of acceptance, you shall remain in the General Assembly and assume your rights as an Active Member. If declined, you may take the floor and appeal for a new vote that shall be taken immediately. If the decision stands, the Membership process expires, and you shall start from scratch with a new application if so desired.
- Awards Membership
- Any Doctor who has received an ISMAM award may apply for Active Membership by completing an application form and forwarding it to the ISMAM President or Secretary General. They will not be screened by the Membership Committee, but they will have to attend the Meeting corresponding to the year when the award was received, as well as one additional Meeting (either before or after the year when the award was received).
- Having won an ISMAM award: any award given for clinical or scientific excellence, including but not limited to scientific event awards, publication or presentation awards, any awards bestowed by the ISMAM.
- Your nomination has to be sponsored by either: one (1) Founding Father; one (1) Founders or Co-Founders; two (2) Active, Life or Career Members.
- The sponsoring Members must know you well, with at least one of the sponsors from a country other than your own – except if the sponsor is a Founder or Co-Founder. These sponsors will assume the responsibility of accompanying you during the entire process.
- To be accepted, the “Award Route” candidates do not need approval by means of voting in a General Assembly. The process is conducted by the Executive Council which will notify the candidate by means of written statement. Once accepted, these new members will have the same responsibilities and duties as the other Active Members in regard to their participation to future Meetings and to the Society’s activities.
- Invited Speakers
- Speakers who have been invited to an ISMAM Spring or Autumn Session may apply through their sponsors to become an Active Member. They will not be screened by the Membership Committee, but they will have to attend two additional Meetings (either before or after the Meeting in which he/she has given the lecture) in order to apply for Active Membership. Speakers who have been invited two times to an ISMAM Spring or Autumn Session may apply through their sponsors to become an Active Member. They will not be screened by the Membership Committee and they will not have further requirements of attending additional Meetings in order to apply for Active Membership.
To be accepted, the speaker candidates do not need approval by means of voting in a General Assembly. The process is conducted by the Executive Council which will notify the candidate by means of written statement.
Once accepted, these new members will have the same responsibilities and duties as the other Active Members in regard to their participation to future Meetings and to the Academy’s activities.
ISMAM Institution Membership
Institutional Members of the ISMAM may be Public or Private Legal Persons who wish to support and cooperate with ISMAM, approved by the Executive Council.
Country Associations, Academies, Societies or any other national organisations representing Aesthetic Medicine or Aesthetic Dentistry in a given country, may request a Country Institutional Membership to the Executive Council of the ISMAM.
Participate and support directly or indirectly the European Academy of Digital Dentistry and have direct or indirect presence and support in two (2) consecutive Spring and/or Autumn Meetings.
How to apply for ISMAM Country Institutional Member status?
After having completed the requirements, fill an application form and forward it to the Secretary General, along with a letter of motivation framing and justifying the application.
The application must be sponsored by either: the President of the ISMAM; two (2) Members of the Executive Council; five (5) Active, Life or Career Members from the country which the applicant intends to represent. The President of the applicant Organization must be a member of the ISMAM, unless otherwise extraordinarily stated by the President of the ISMAM.
In this last case, the President of the applicant Organization will automatically be instated as an Active Member of the ISMAM upon deferral of the Organization application.
After evaluation of the application, the Executive Council will issue a written pronouncement. Differed applicants will become Interim Country Institutional Members. Interim Country Institutional Membership shall consist of a one (1) year period in which the Interim Member shall be evaluated and its performance and importance to the ISMAM will be assessed.
If deemed worthy, the Interim Country Institutional Member shall be informed by the Executive Council in written format (conventional or electronic mail) of the ratification as an official Country Institutional Member.
Country Institutional Membership status shall be evaluated biennially by the Executive Council who reserves all the rights to terminate the Membership whenever deems appropriate.
Payment of annual dues
Payment of annual dues shall be done by all ISMAM Members until the 15th of February of each year.
According to the decision taken by majority in a secret ballot voting with the presence or representation of all ISMAM Members, the First General Assembly decided that the annual membership fee for 2022 shall be three hundred euro (€ 300).
According to the Article IX. 3. ISMAM Bylaws:
Members who fail to have their status regularized in respect of compliance with the annual dues, will be automatically suspended on February 15th of each year, and will no longer be able to exercise their rights to ISMAM, being excluded from the Academy due to lack of fulfilment of financial obligations. In the case of Founding Members, failure to fulfil the first annual due shall result in definitive cancelation of the Founder status.
Our website address is: http://www.ismam.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.